What kind of problems come into women’s cell?

Mainly problems related to sexual harassment or sexual abuse come under the premises of Women’s Cell.

Who can contact Women’s Cell for help?

If you are living in IITB and facing a problem related to harassment then you can contact Women’s Cell. If you are a student, faculty, staff member (Main Building, PHO, Library) and you are associated with IITB, you can contact women’s Cell.

How should I contact and whom should I contact?

Drop a mail at womencell@iitb.ac.in with your complaint or to make an appointment with the Convenor/Co-convenor. If you are not comfortable talking to the faculty members, you can always contact any of the student representatives.

I am afraid of contacting Women’s Cell because of the fear of my name becoming public. What should I do?

You don’t have anything to worry about. Utmost priority is given to confidentiality. All the details and identities are kept confidential during and after the process.

I am dealing with some sensitivity related issue and it doesn’t come into sexual harassment. Can I still ask Women’s Cell for help?

You can always contact Women’s Cell for help. If we can’t help you, we can suggest you where to get help.

I don’t know the person who misbehaved with me. What should I do in that case?

It’s essential to know the identity of the accused person for any type of action. If you don’t know the person, you can present any proof, which will help in identifying the accused. For example- if a person is harassing you via sending vulgar pictures and texts from random Ids, you should have the screen shots of the chats and discussion. All efforts will be made to identify the culprit.

I am a victim of sexual abuse. When should I contact Women’s Cell?

If you have faced any kind of harassment, you should complain within 3 months of the incident. 

How much time would Women’s Cell take, to take any type of action?

After getting the problem in written form, we will act immediately.